Write For Us
Submit an article today, Yes You!!
At Port Harcourt School of AI, we're always looking for new articles and new authors to feature on our platform, and don't worry you don't have to be an expert in anything, you just have to be passionate about sharing knowledge and bringing a fresh perspective to any topic that you intend to write about.
What we're looking For
We're looking for technical / non technical articles on topics relating to Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Data Analytics, Python, R and community building and sustainability in general. If your article doesn't fit into any of these topics, but you think its something our community will appreciate, read on still.
Why Write For Us
- We don't take credit for your article, you can share your bio underneath your article about who you are,, what you do, a link to your website and links to your social media.
- We help you publicize your article to reach a wider audience by sharing it across all our social media platforms and email publications. You build your brand while hoping on our wings :)
- Our Technical / Mentoring team is top notch. You will get to communicate with and have your article reviewed by an experienced write/professional.
- You make new friends.
How To Get Started
So you've got that topic burning in your soul that you wish to share with the community and you've written a draft on a google doc or any other platform? Great!! Shoot us a mail at email@example.com or reach out to Linda Ikechukwu, Stephen Oladele or Emeka Boris on twitter detailing your topic and a link to your draft. You will typically receive feedback within 48 hours.
How To Proceed
Once your article has been approved and given a go ahead, you'll be assigned a reviewer (member of the technical/mentoring team) that you'll be working closely with, given a time-frame to publish, then,
- Create a Devblog account : Our blog is Our powered by Devblog so
you'll have to create a Devblog account to be able to publish on this platform. To do so :
- Head over to https://hashnode.com and create an account, then
- Head over to https://hashnode.com/devblog and create your personal Devblog (If you get stuck, please read the docs or contact the above-listed volunteers).
- Your blogging account should now be ready on
- Send feedback to your reviewer, so you'll be added as a contributor to our blog.
- Do your research and write your awesome article on a google doc.
- Send an edit link of the google doc to your reviewer.
- After your article has been polished, edited and given the go-ahead by your reviewer, copy and paste it into the devblog editor.
- Scroll to the bottom of the editor and locate the post this to a publication? section.
- Select blog.phcschoolofai.org from the drop-down list, then click on Publish button to submit the post for review.
- You will get an edit link after submission on the next page where you can make changes to your submission if need be.
- Contact your reviewer to publish your article.
- If everything goes fine, your article will be published on the blog!!!
Important Writing Rules
- Your article must be original, and all external sources must be attributed accurately.
- Once your article idea is approved, you're given a maximum of 2 weeks to publish else it will be discarded.
- Don't send articles that have been, or will be, published elsewhere.
- Don't send SEO-boosted or promotional branding articles. We're only interested in writing for the sole purpose of education and as such your content should not include promotional links or materials.
Note: Not all submitted content will be published, and we reserve the right to edit your content to remove typographical errors, grammatical errors, and to improve the title. We will provide feedback where necessary.